There have been a lot of rumors and rumblings about the upcoming release of Doctor Strange on Digital HD and Blu-ray over the past week or so, but official details have finally been revealed by Marvel and Disney today. The second Phase 3 release will hit Digital HD on February 14th, while physical copies go on sale on the 28th as previously reported.
In terms of special features, there’s a lot to look forward to, including a Director’s Commentary from Scott Derrickson and the second part of Taika Waititi’s Team Thor mockumentary. The rest of the featurettes are pretty standard, though most exciting is a look ahead at the rest of Marvel’s Phase 3 slate, including movies like Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War.
You can check out the full list below:
- “A Strange Transformation” — shows how the filmmakers adapted the trippy comic character
- “Strange Company” — the cast and crew describe the filmmaking process
- “Fabric of Reality” — behind the scenes of the sets, costumes, and production design
- “Across Space and Time” — a look at the hours of the cast’s fight and dance training
- “The Score-cerer Supreme” — inside the live orchestral recording sessions with composer Michael Giacchino
- “Marvel Studios Phase 3 Exclusive Look” — Previews of upcoming MCU entries, including ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,’ ‘Thor: Ragnarok,’ ‘Black Panther,’ and ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- “Strange Meets Daniel Drumm”
- “Kaecilius Searches for Answers”
- “The Kamar-Taj Courtyard”
- “Making Contact”
- “Lost in Kathmandu”
Those deleted scenes don’t sound too groundbreaking, but Doctor Strange meeting Daniel Drumm should be a lot of fun. For those of you unfamiliar with the character, he’s the brother of Jericho Drumm, who’s better know to comic book readers as Brother Voodoo. Those two have an interesting history, and Jericho would ultimately become the Sorcerer Supreme.
Adored by fans and critics alike, Doctor Strange was a huge hit for Marvel Studios and its upcoming home video release promises to be one of the studio’s most popular to date.