Dredd 3D Coming To Blu-Ray In January
It really is a shame that Pete Travis’ Dredd 3D didn’t find an audience when it released in 3D and 2D in September. The film was a complete blast and took full advantage of the third dimension, but the audiences mostly ignored the film and it quickly exited theaters without much to show for itself.
Dredd 3D isn’t perfect, but it’s over-the-top and fun, much like Punisher: War Zone. Still, it deserved better and now Karl Urban’s take on the character will go unknown and without a sequel, which is a bummer, because he’s fantastic as the emotionless and fierce judge, jury and executioner.
Our very own Will Chadwick didn’t care for the film all that much and had this to say about it in his review:
Dredd 3D is remarkably unoriginal and visually rancid. The lack of social satire coupled with the brutal violence makes for a hollow experience.
Dredd 3D will be coming to home video in a 3D Blu-Ray/2D Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack. The following bonus content has been confirmed:
- 3D and standard version of the film plus Digital Copy and UV
- “Mega-City Masters”: 35 Years of Judge Dredd” featurette
- “Day of Chaos: The Visual Effects of Dredd 3D” featurette
- “Dredd” featurette
- “Dredd’s Gear” featurette
- “The 3rd Dimension” featurette
- “Welcome to Peachtrees” featurette
- Dredd Motion Comic Prequel
Dredd 3D streets on January 8th, 2013.