Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice wasn’t well received by critics and has divided comic book fans ever since its release, but even the movie’s biggest detractors will no doubt be tempted to check out the upcoming R-Rated Ultimate Cut, which is set to hit Blu-ray next month.
While little is known about what we should expect, it’s thought that this version will be around three hours long and will drop some more hints about what Zack Snyder has planned for Justice League. Whether or not it will end up addressing the many faults people found with the theatrical version obviously remains to be seen, but we’re definitely excited for it.
MORE NEWS FROM THE WEB
In the gallery above, you’ll find the covers for the Australian, UK, and US editions of the Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice Blu-ray. There’s still no word on deleted scenes (and likely never will be considering the fact that this is an extended cut), but here’s the newly released list of special features with a breakdown of what each of the featurettes are going to focus on. They sound pretty interesting, though nothing jumps out as being particularly significant or revealing.
– Uniting The World’s Finest – Glimpse the future of DC’s bold new cinematic superheroes
– Gods and Men: A Meeting of Giants – Become a witness to history as you discover how everything in Batman and Superman’s pasts have been leading up to this ultimate, epic showdown
– The Warrior, The Myth, The Wonder – Explore the origin, evolution and powerful impact on popular culture by the legendary Amazonian Wonder Woman
– Accelerating Design: The New Batmobile – Batman’s newest ride is sleek, tough, loud, and fast as hell. Host Sal Masekela goes under the hood of the celebrated vehicle, then puts rubber to the road
– Superman: Complexity & Truth – Experience the transformation as Henry Cavill goes from earnest journalist in glasses and tweeds to a powerful godlike being in a streamlined caped costume
– Batman: Austerity & Rage – From cape to cowl and from rugged body armor to carefully-tailored suits, Batman’s outer gear perfectly camouflages and expresses the fury that simmers within
– Wonder Woman: Grace & Power – From her gladiator-influenced costume to her shield and sword, she is the mortal incarnation of a warrior goddess
– Batcave: Legacy of The Lair – Nature and technology exist side by side in Batman’s breath-taking and modernistic subterranean digs
– The Might and The Power of A Punch – A dynamic and illustrative look at the power, physics and fascinating details that make the battle between Batman and Superman so formidable
– The Empire of Luthor – Dive deeper into the inception of an entirely new interpretation of Lex Luthor, including an examination of his storied history in the comics
– Save the Bats – Learn how the cast and crew gave back to the environment and brought awareness to a very real ecological problem
The Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice Blu-ray is expected to be released this July, so Warner Bros. will hopefully reveal more details (and a trailer with some never before seen footage if we’re lucky) at some point in the next few weeks.