Summit Entertainment (a division of Lionsgate) have announced Jonathan Levine’s romantic zombie comedy Warm Bodies for Blu-Ray in June. The film stars Nicholas Hoult, Teresa Palmer and Rob Corddry.
Jonathan Levine is one of the most important up-and-comer directors to keep an eye on. I guess you can’t even call him an up-and-comer anymore, because he’s already built up an impressive filmography, which features films like The Wackness, All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, 50/50 and now Warm Bodies.
Levine is a director that knows very well how to establish likable characters that almost always feel authentic and real, despite one of them possibly being a zombie this time around.
Warm Bodies is a genre-changer; A film that blends together the horror of zombies with the real-life romance and comedy that comes from relationships. He also tells a great deal about what it feels to be alone or like an outcast and how the world isn’t always a hopeless and grim place, despite an end-of-the-world styled apocalypse.
Warm Bodies is incredibly charming and full of lots of wit and humor and something that generally doesn’t usually break as many barriers as it does. It’s not simply something that will appeal to the Twilight teen crowds. It’s a film that seriously will move you in one way or another, thanks mostly to Levine’s understanding direction and the sweet and relatable performances from Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer.
Our very own Matt Donato had this to say about the film in his review:
With Warm Bodies, zombie fans finally have a film that their romantic-comedy-loving partners can sit through easily and that they can enjoy together.
The film will be coming to Blu-Ray with the following confirmed bonus features:
- Boy Meets, er, Doesn’t Eat Girl featurette
- R&J featurette
- A Little Less Dead featurette
- Extreme Zombie Make-Over! featurette
- A Wreck in Progress featurette
- Bustin’ Caps featurette
- Beware of The Boneys featurette
- Whimsical Sweetness: Teresa Palmer’s Warm Bodies Home Movies featurette
- Zombie Acting Tips with Rob Corddry featurette
- Audio Commentary with Director Jonathon Levine and Actors Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Audio Commentary with Screenwriter/Director Jonathan Levine
- Shrug and Groan Gag Reel
Warm Bodies will be available for purchase on June 4th, 2013.