The Dark Knight Rises Official Thread

For all discussion related to movies, actors, directors etc. Want to give us your review of a certain film? Or how about discuss the ending of a new movie? Maybe start a poll of the best films of the year? That can all be done here.

The Dark Knight Rises Official Thread

Postby Jeremy Lebens » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:54 am

Figured it would be best to make an official thread for this one. Post all discussion and news on the film in here!
Jeremy Lebens

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Official Thread

Postby emily_estep » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:05 am

Could never be better than The Dark Knight. There! I said it! Come at me, nerds!
emily_estep

Postby Chazboski » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:09 am

Image The Dark Knight was incredible sure, but I don't think it's untouchable. While Bane may not have the drawing power of the Joker, from the short clips we've seen he's outright terrifying. Not just in the "I'll destroy the city because I'm crazy" Joker sort of way (again absolutley incredible portrayal) but in a "Not only will I destroy everyone you've ever known, I'm smart enough to get away with it leaving you to deal with it" way.
Chazboski

Postby emily_estep » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:12 am

I've been really pleased with all of the Bane footage.

And I don't think The Dark Knight is untouchable.

I do think that Inception is overrated, and all of Christopher Nolan's films are tied for being awesome, but none of them are as good as TDK. Assuming TDKR is at the same level of an average Nolan film (very, very good), it won't be better than TDK (amazing).

Also seriously you cannot beat Heath Ledger's Joker. I know everyone says that, but it's so true. And nice meme.
emily_estep

Postby Chazboski » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:14 am

I'm a video game journalist. The majority of my life is a meme.
Chazboski

Postby Jeremy Lebens » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:32 am

emily_estep wrote:I've been really pleased with all of the Bane footage.

And I don't think The Dark Knight is untouchable.

I do think that Inception is overrated, and all of Christopher Nolan's films are tied for being awesome, but none of them are as good as TDK. Assuming TDKR is at the same level of an average Nolan film (very, very good), it won't be better than TDK (amazing).

Also seriously you cannot beat Heath Ledger's Joker. I know everyone says that, but it's so true. And nice meme.

ALL of Nolan's films are tied for being awesome? Including Insomnia?! :lol: What a bore!

I understand why everyone considers The Dark Knight the bible for making a comic book movie these days, but I think The Dark Knight Rises just might be able to top it. I actually prefer Batman Begins to TDK in terms of watchability and enjoyment.
Jeremy Lebens

Postby emily_estep » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:34 am

Jeremy Lebens wrote:I actually prefer Batman Begins to TDK in terms of watchability and enjoyment.

BB over TDK?! Boy you cray cray. But yeah, I guess I shouldn't have lumped all of his films together. I suppose I meant BB, The Prestige and Memento, which I consider to be excellent films but not as good as TDK.
emily_estep

Postby Jeremy Lebens » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:42 am

emily_estep wrote:
Jeremy Lebens wrote:I actually prefer Batman Begins to TDK in terms of watchability and enjoyment.

BB over TDK?! Boy you cray cray. But yeah, I guess I shouldn't have lumped all of his films together. I suppose I meant BB, The Prestige and Memento, which I consider to be excellent films but not as good as TDK.

I know that TDK is a better overall film than BB, but for some reason I can watch BB any day of the week while I can't say the same for TDK. I've only seen Memento once and I wasn't all that impressed. Perhaps another viewing is needed?
Jeremy Lebens

Postby Will Chadwick » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:53 am

I'm looking forward to the Dark Knight Rises a lot, I think now because of all the hype it has so much to live up to that I can imagine it getting slaughtered when it's released, people are expecting so much. That's why I'm trying to avoid all the spoilers, all the on set images, all the leaks and the trailers. Which isn't easy.
Will Chadwick

Postby Jeremy Lebens » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:06 pm

And so the Bane parodies begin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... W-BxAU2xvo

I still don't have a problem understanding his voice in the prologue or trailer.
Jeremy Lebens

Return to Movies