Last Movie Watched Thread

For all discussion related to movies, actors, directors etc. Want to give us your review of a certain film? Or how about discuss the ending of a new movie? Maybe start a poll of the best films of the year? That can all be done here.

Last Movie Watched Thread

Postby Jeremy Lebens » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:10 am

If you've watched a movie recently and would like to comment on it feel free to drop a line in this thread!

Last movie I saw was David Fincher's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. As its own film I enjoyed parts of it, mostly because I love the way Fincher shoots his films, but I wouldn't say its as good as the Swedish version. Think I ended up siding with an 8.5/10 or a "B".
Jeremy Lebens

Re: Last Movie Watched Thread

Postby emily_estep » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:16 am

I'm so jealous! I was supposed to be at a screening of Girl With the Drago Tattoo last night, but my sore throat turned out to be mono. So I have instead watched Willy Wonka twice and Aladdin once, while trying to protect my slowly enlarging spleen. (tmi?)

So how was Daniel Craig?
emily_estep

Postby Jeremy Lebens » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:40 am

emily_estep wrote:I'm so jealous! I was supposed to be at a screening of Girl With the Drago Tattoo last night, but my sore throat turned out to be mono. So I have instead watched Willy Wonka twice and Aladdin once, while trying to protect my slowly enlarging spleen. (tmi?)

So how was Daniel Craig?

Really good. Honestly, he was my favorite part of the film. I was worried with his casting for some reason, yet he surprised the hell out of me. Also, Stellan Skarsgard was probably the second strongest performance in the film. Rooney Mara was good, probably her best performance yet, but she couldn't hold a candle to Noomi Rapace. My jumbled/unorganized "review" can be found in my profile website. ;)

Was supposed to see The Artist today, but I've been up since 3am and didn't really feel like waiting in line at another screening. Then I realized I actually have to stay up as long as possible anyways, so I screwed myself on that one.
Jeremy Lebens

Postby Wick » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:13 am

I've been watching a lot of PVRed stuff recently.

The Green Lantern: I didn't expect it to be that good, going in. However, it was pleasantly surprising. Not a great movie by any means, but it's half-decent.
Go Leafs Go!
Wick

Postby Brian Kita » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:13 am

Finally got a chance to see the Expendables, and for an action movie, it was pretty average.
Brian Kita

Postby Blake Dew » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:44 am

Just saw Martha Marcy May Marlene, and it absloutly blew me away! If you haven't seen, do, it's fantastic. One of the best films I've seen this year!
Blake Dew

Postby Jeremy Lebens » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:59 am

Blake Dew wrote:Just saw Martha Marcy May Marlene, and it absloutly blew me away! If you haven't seen, do, it's fantastic. One of the best films I've seen this year!

I think I'm the only person in the world that didn't like that film. I was so excited for it, but man did it feel like a chore to watch.
Jeremy Lebens

Postby Christian Law » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:05 am

I just watched The Muppets Christmas Carol with my girlfriend...obviously the best movie mentioned yet haha
Christian Law

Postby Will Chadwick » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:48 am

Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows.... It was bloody good fun.
Will Chadwick

Postby Jeremy Lebens » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Rachel Getting Married - Love the camerawork, loved the performances (especially Hathaway) and just loved the general "family drama" feel of the whole thing. Felt so authentic.
Jeremy Lebens

Next

Return to Movies