A brand new chapter in the Baldur’s Gate saga launched today with the arrival of the Siege of Dragonspear expansion pack from Beamdog. While it is only an expansion to the Enhanced Edition of the original game, it reportedly features over 25 hours of new gameplay content.
Siege of Dragonspear bridges the gap between Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn. By expanding on the saga of the Bhaalspawn, the expansion offers more of the classic Baldur’s Gate gameplay that fans know, love and have been able to rediscover since the Enhanced Edition launched in 2013.
This first new game in the Baldur’s Gate series for over a decade includes a whole host of features as confirmed by the developers:
- A new chapter in the Baldur’s Gate saga
- A sharp and subtle adventure that pits you against an enigmatic new foe
- Venture through the vibrant new hand-painted areas of the Sword Coast
- Import your character from BG:EE and continue the story in BGII:EE
- Four new player soundsets to customize your hero
- The original cast returns to kick butt for goodness – along with four new additions!
- Updated UI and improved Infinity engine features
- 25+ hours of gameplay
- New items, quests, and a new class: the Shaman!
- Original soundtrack by Sam Hulick
- Functional, extensively tested cross-platform multiplayer on all supported platforms
- “Story Mode” difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens
Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear is available for PC, Mac and Linux now, with Tablet and Smartphone support coming later this year.