Get ready for the greatest slice of DLC you’re ever going to see. The Binding Of Isaac: Afterbirth makes its way to PC on October 30, and the man behind it, Edmund McMillen, is promising hundreds of hours worth of new content for fans to get stuck into this Fall.
Sadly, McMillen’s blog post states that a console release date is still awaiting the go-ahead from developer Necali, but the post assures us that a concrete date isn’t too far away. For now, here’s a long list of new features you can expect to see in Afterbirth – straight from the horse’s mouth.
Afterbirth is a mega DLC for the binding of isaac: rebirth, that adds another 100+ hours to the game alongside an amazing number of extra features.
– Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play featuring new endings and a final boss.
– Expanded main game: a new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
– Daily Runs: compete for highscore / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.
– 10 totally new and awesome challenges
– 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.
– a totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons.
– 120 new items! not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525!
– 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types, visual themes, and surprises.
– a new seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game.
– a greatly expanded soundtrack!
– new room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms, and ultra rare closets!
– a greatly expanded and updated hud system
– tons of new secret transformations
– 8 new bosses
– 25+ new enemies
– updated item combo system
– far too many new achievements
– 20 million new co-op babies
McMillen also states in the post that fans can expect to see a bunch of new super-secret unlocks to be found hidden deep in the game somewhere. Excited yet?