Destiny‘s Rise of Iron expansion has been out for a little over a week now, and with Guardians now having conquered the SIVA threat and become a new generation of Iron Lords, it’s time for players to test their mettle against each other with the return of the open-world shooter’s competitive PvP events.
The first to return will be Trials of Osiris, which kicks off later today and pits two teams of three against each other in a high stakes, winner takes all quest to reach the prestigious Lighthouse – a special social space on Mercury that only the best of the best will ever see. You’ll need to record 9 straight wins on your Trials Passage to get there.
Next up is Iron Banner, which begins next Tuesday, October 4, although several changes are being introduced to mix things up. First off, the ‘Tempered’ buff, which rewards more and more reputation as the event goes on, won’t be making a return, as Bungie wants to discourage players from grinding out ranks until the event’s final day.
Instead, every match you win will reward a generous 250 reputation, with bounties having been reworked to reward event-specific items as well as experience. The new Supremacy mode released with Rise of Iron will be this month’s format.
So there you go, Guardians – it’s time to get your friends together and put your game faces on – the climb won’t be easy.
Oh, and before we forget, Xur has returned to the Tower today. See his inventory below.
- Legacy Engram [Leg armour] – 31 Strange Coins
- The Armamentarium [Exotic Titan chest armour] – 13 Strange Coins
- Sealed Ahamkara Grasps [Exotic Hunter gauntlets] – 13 Strange Coins
- Voidfang Vestments [Exotic Warlock chest armour] – 13 Strange Coins
- MIDA Multi-Tool [Exotic scout rile] – 17 Strange Coins
- Heart of Gold Truth Ornament – 25 Silver Dust
- Iconoclast Invective Ornament – 25 Silver Dust
- Three of Coins – 7 Strange Coins