Activision and Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare blowout continues this evening, with new details emerging on the dogfighting sequences glimpsed in the rip-roaring reveal trailer, the shooter’s voice cast, and a teaser image that appears to suggest the return of Zombies Mode.
Hosting a livestream about all things Infinite Warfare, developers from Infinity Ward teased how “unique and different” the game’s Zombies Mode will be. Included in that presentation was a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it screen of a blood-stained reel of film – one that features a cartoon zombie donning track and field gear. But what could it mean? Expect to learn much more in time for E3 2016.
Beyond Zombies, there was a bevy of tidbits teased during the livestream, and below you’ll find new information relating to the power-mongering Settlement Defense Front and much, much more.
- The nefarious Settlement Defense Front is a “brutal, fascist” group bent on controlling resource outposts in space as part of their effort to put humanity in a “stranglehold.”
- There will be dogfighting sequences in space, as well as ground-based combat.
- There will be zero-G fighting that makes use of some new mechanics to be announced later
- The goal is for Infinite Warfare to feel grounded and believable; there won’t be aliens.
Brian Bloom (Dragon Age: Inquisition, Wolfenstein: The New Order) voices Lieutenant Reyes, the game’s protagonist.
- The next major news event for Infinite Warfare will be E3 in June.
- At least one multiplayer map is set on a space station; additional maps take players to other planets in addition to Earth.
- Actor David Harewood (Supergirl, Blood Diamond) plays the role of Sgt. Omar.
- There will be a “whole new stable” of multiplayer items to use
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare launches across PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on November 4. Those who pick up the Legacy Edition will gain access to the long-anticipated Modern Warfare 4 Remastered, bringing Infinity Ward’s beloved genre classic to modern hardware replete with overhauled graphics and 10 multiplayer maps.