Remember that Call of Juarez game that you played and forgot about/heard about from a friend/never heard about? Ubisoft’s love letter to the cowboy epics of old wasn’t a perfect game, even if its sequel, Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, was a bit of an improvement on a tired genre. But even after a lackluster third entry (The Cartel), it looks like Ubisoft is pushing forward with its flawed series.
Recent emails sent to gamers who purchased The Cartel seem to hint at the major possibility of yet another sequel. After The Cartel moved to the modern age and abandoned the western themes of the other games (which was also the only part that worked really well), fans let Ubisoft know that they wanted to head back in time again.
The emails contained questions that asked players about their preferences of different situations they would like to see in a new Call of Juarez game. Almost all of the scenarios are perfect cliches, but that’s part of what makes these types of games so fun. Maybe the fourth time around will be the charm if the next game is half as fun as it sounds like it could be.
After releasing the beloved Assassin’s Creed series and other top notch games such as Beyond Good and Evil, it’s strange to see Ubisoft cling to such a mediocre series of games. Check out the list of possible scenarios we might see in the next Call of Juarez game below, and let us know if you’re ready to give the McCalls another chance in the comments.
- Hunting an outlaw in the rocky mountains
- Defending a ranch attacked by Mexican pistolleros
- Preventing a bank robbery
- Rescuing an innocent man about to be hanged up
- Taking part in a shooting contest
- A gun duel in the empty main street of a town against your worst enemy
- Guarding a fort against a group of outlaws
- Helping a man to escape from the sheriff’s office
- Defending a train attacked by Native Americans on horses
- A gunfight in a saloon after a poker game
- Preventing outlaws from pillaging a gold mine
- A fusillade between lawmen and outlaws