Developer Zeboyd Games has reaffirmed its plans to launch retro-inspired RPG Cosmic Star Heroine across both PS4 and Vita in the summer.
News arrive in tandem with an all-new gameplay trailer for the title, shedding light on Cosmic Star‘s turn-based combat system, character design and a snippet of the pulsing soundtrack composed by Hyperduck (creative mind behind fellow RPG Dust: An Elysian Tail).
In anticipation of the game’s launch, Zeboyd posted an overview of what fans can expect via PlayStation Blog.
- Good old-fashioned classic turn-based RPG.
- Save anywhere! Minimal grinding (unless you want to).
- Brisk pacing that respects your time.
- No separate battle screen! Battles take place directly in the dungeons & areas that you explore.
- 2D visual style straight from the height of gaming’s 16-bit era.
- Animated cutscenes reminiscent of the Sega CD & Turbo Duo era.
- Soundtrack by Hyperduck (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Precipice of Darkness 4) inspired by the genre greats.
- Multi-character combo techniques.
- Intricately designed encounters make each new battle its own challenge.
- Your own spy headquarters! Recruit new agents to help it grow.
Partnering with Limited Run Games, there are also plans for a retail version of Cosmic Star Heroine on PS4, though expect stock to be, well, limited.
Cosmic Star Heroine will make a beeline for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita at some point during the summer. We’ll keep you updated if and when Zeboyd Games narrows down a specific release date.
Source: PlayStation Blog