With no new entry in the franchise planned for release in 2014 — the first time in almost ten years, mind you — EA has announced the Need for Speed Rivals Complete Edition, which is due to hit consoles and PC in October.
And while some fans may feel short-handed by what is, essentially, a definitive rerelease, Need For Speed Rivals Complete Edition offers a second chance to budding racers who may have missed the title when it hit late last year. Bundling together all of the six expansions found in the well-received 2013 racer, the company published a detailed list of the downloadable content, which can be found below.
- Concept Lamborghini Complete Pack: Includes both Cop and Racer versions of the astonishing Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo and the stunning Lamborghini Miura Concept.
- Loaded Garage Pack: Complete your vehicle collection with the Loaded Garage Pack which includes the Ultimate Cop Pack, Ultimate Racer Pack, Premium Livery Pack, Classic Muscle Livery, Track Day Livery, VIP Matte Kit Livery and Digital Revolution Livery.
- Ferrari Edition Special Complete Pack: Includes both Cop and Racer versions of these extreme machines – The Ferrari F40 and the Ferrari F50.
- Complete Movie Pack: Includes Cop and Racer versions of the GTA Spano; and Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. Plus, the Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR 722 Edition as a Cop and the Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR Roadster 722 S as a Racer.
- Simply Jaguar Complete Pack: Includes both Cop and Racer versions of the Jaguar C-X75, the most advanced Jaguar ever created, and the Jaguar XJ220 – the world’s first Hypercar.
- The Koenigsegg Agera One: The Koenigsegg One:1 is in a category of its own. It´s not a Supercar, not a Hypercar…It´s a One:1. The name refers to the almost impossible and highly sought-after ratio of one horsepower per kilogram.
Developed by Swedish studio Ghost Games, Need for Speed Rivals hones much of the cop versus racer gameplay from another entry in the long-running franchise, Hot Pursuit. Speaking of which, EA has claimed that forgoing a 2014 release provides the studio with the opportunity to launch a completely new NFS experience next year, rather than just refining existing ideas — a mantra that we wholly encourage.
“We’ve made the decision to not release a Need for Speed in 2014, so we can work towards a highly innovative Need for Speed in 2015. An experience built on a foundation we know you’ll greatly look forward to.”
Need for Speed Rivals Complete Edition will race onto PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on October 21st and October 24th in North America and Europe, respectively.