Fallout Shelter – that actually rather good mobile game released last year by Bethesda – is due to get get a meaty update at some point this week that adds a bunch of sparkly new stuff. The update, confirmed to be coming to all platforms for which the game is available, will introduce a new crafting system as its headline feature, which ties directly into two of the new rooms.
Weapon and armor crafting facilities will enable you to create your own gear, ridding you of the need to send out your citizens on dangerous expeditions outside the comfort of the Vault.
In addition to the above, a Barbershop Room (which lets you customize the appearance of your Dwellers), new pets and items directly from Fallout 4 will be added.
You can check out the full list below:
- Turn worthless junk into useful items! Introducing… crafting!
- New Rooms! Build the new Weapon and Armor crafting rooms and use them to create your own items in game!
- Lunchboxes now contain a bonus 5th card: Junk! Trust us – it’s more useful than it sounds. Lucky wasteland explorers may also find junk on their adventures.
- Take the Overseer role to the next level. Build the new Barbershop and customize the look of any Dweller.
- Keep up with the latest fashions! Find new Outfits and Weapons straight from Fallout 4 in lunchboxes, or craft them yourself!
- Because four-legged companions bring overwhelming happiness, we’ve added new Dogs and Cats, and are introducing… Parrots! Plus, new Pet bonuses!
- Time of day is now properly reflected. Because authentic Vault simulation is our #1 goal!
Update 1.4 for Fallout Shelter hits iOS and Android later this week. For details on past updates that Bethesda have cooked up for the game, you can head here for the specifics.