Arguably one of the more impressive world premieres coming out of last night’s The Game Awards 2015 was the first gameplay trailer for Far Cry Primal, showcasing just how committed Ubisoft is to acclimatizing its open-world juggernaut to the stone age.
From the beast hunter hunter feature, which allows you to subtly control the wildlife that roams this most primitive of landscapes, to the sheer scope of the world, there’s plenty to look forward to ahead of the spinoff’s February release. And now the publisher has unveiled a pair of Collector’s Editions for Primal all the while locking down a release date for the PC version.
First up, the standard Collector’s Edition comes packing a slew of digital content as well as the physical extras listed below. The Legend of the Mammoth, for instance, is an in-game mission exclusive to the Collector’s Edition, while there’s also word of additional challenge modes littered across the gritty environment.
- A copy of the game
- Exclusive Far Cry Primal Collector Box with sabretooth skull opening
- Official Wenja phrasebook: your guide in Oros, full of useful words and in-game sentences. It is a condensed collection of the work of specialists/experts that have adapted a unique language for this game, based on the Proto-Indo European language
- Exclusive Steelbook
- Far Cry Primal map of Oros
- The official game soundtrack and Wenja audio recordings to discover the basics of Far Cry Primal’s official language
Digital Epex Edition
- “Legend of the Mammoth” missions; Duel of beasts, The trapped elder, Hunt the hunter.
- A new weapon, the Blood Shasti Club: A bloodstained club of bone and teeth once wielded by Ull, the vicious leader of the Udam. This weapon is
- unbreakable and cannot be consumed by flame
- 4 enhancement packs: Offers early access to rare resources and unique customisation options
Far Cry Primal will launch across PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on February 23, 2015, while PC owners can look forward to the open-world title releasing the following week on March 1.