Square Enix has just rolled out its latest series of patches for Final Fantasy XV, one of which brings with it the long-awaited changes to the RPG’s oft-criticized Chapter 13. Available now on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Chapter 13, Verse 2, as it’s so-called, sees players take control of Noctis’ bodyguard Gladiolus as he attempts to navigate his way through Zegnautus Keep. Judging by the trailer released alongside the update, it seems as if the musclebound warrior will also team up with Ignis during the events of Verse 2 and, if nothing else, the adjustments should help to serve as a primer for tomorrow’s Episode Gladiolus DLC.
Besides the above, Patch 1.06 also includes various bug fixes, gameplay enhancements and new music tracks for the Regalia, as well as new and improved versions of Noctis’ Arcana spells, Alterna, Holy and Death. You can see them all demoed in the video above and, by the looks of it, the power level of each spell has shot through the roof. They certainly appear more impressive, that’s for sure.
Check out the full patch notes below:
- Various bug fixes
- Addition of Chapter 13, Verse 2 (alternate route featuring Gladiolus)
- Enhancement of Arcana spells (Alterna, Holy, Death)
- Announcement of winning snapshots from first photo contest (viewable at Takka’s Pit Stop in Hammerhead)
- Temporary conclusion of Timed Quests (will resume at a later date)
- Addition of two pieces from Episode Gladiolus to music player tracklist
- Addition of compatibility with Episode Gladiolus
- Various gameplay enhancements
- Various bug fixes
- Updates save will not work on former versions of the game
The above is free for all Final Fantasy XV players, while tomorrow’s Episode Gladiolus add-on will be paid-for content that boasts a standalone story, new combat mechanics, areas and items. For a full rundown of what’s on offer in the episode, which includes a climactic battle with popular series villain Gilgamesh, see here for the fact sheet, courtesy of Square.