Final Fantasy XV is almost upon us and as such, Square Enix has provided the full details of what’s coming with the game’s aforementioned day one patch. Providing much more than the performance improvements and bug fixes that most day one patches offer, Square Enix is seemingly not content with already packing the long-awaited JRPG with a near-endless amount of features.
The so-called “Crown Update” will be free to download automatically on launch day, and is the result of some “additional time for development since mastering the full game, and provides a variety of updates, minor bug fixes and new features to greatly enhance the overall story and gameplay experience,” according to a press release provided to We Got This Covered.
Crown Update Features
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight space and to improve visibility during battles
- New event scenes and scenes from KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV™ and the “Omen” trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events easier to follow for newcomers
- The addition of an ability tree for the “Wait Mode” function which improves the strategic element of this feature
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle
- A wider variety of recipes and fish with an addition of a gallery for completionist players who enjoy collecting items
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter
Blimey. Combine all of that with copious amounts of pre-order content and extensive post-launch DLC and it’s easy to see that Square Enix has pulled out all of the stops for this gargantuan video game.
All-new story chapters focusing on each of Noctis’ companions are planned to release in the months following Final Fantasy XV‘s release, with a multiplayer-oriented add-on planned in culmination that allows players to experience the world of Eos together in co-op. It’s been an excruciatingly long wait for series fans, who’ve had to endure numerous delays, but Final Fantasy XV will finally release worldwide for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on November 29.
See you on the other side.