Guncraft, the FPS with a sandbox building feature, will be officially launching on July 11th, 2013, according to Exato Game Studios and Reverb Publishing. A combination of Minecraft and Call of Duty, Guncraft allows players to build their own levels, and weapons, from the ground up. Then, they can challenge their friends or enemies to an intense PvP or PvE battle.
“To say we’re excited to launch Guncraft would be a gross understatement,” states John Getty, lead developer of Guncraft and founder of Exato Games Studios. “It’s been a true labor of crazy love with the amount of features we’ve packed in and we’re eager to see the creativity of our fans when we officially deliver the fully launched game. A big thank you goes to all our fans for their support! As we count down to launch we ask fans to please continue supporting our efforts to get Guncraft on Steam by upvoting us on Greenlight!”
Being a mostly community driven game, Guncraft relies on the innovation of players to create their own levels, characters, structures and weapons. Some of the features included on release will be:
- 8+ outlandish game modes for up to 16 players (Online/LAN), including: “Lava Survival” mode where magma slowly rises as players build upward to avoid the instant orange death. It’s a new variation of “Last Man Standing”.
- “Onslaught Mode” mode, where four players band together to fight off endless waves of deadly robot spiders, soldiers, drones, and aircrafts.
- “Spleef” – Players drill and destroy blocks on the platform near or under their opponents in order to cause them to fall to their deaths, while fervently avoiding suffering the same fate.
- “Siege Mode” – A building and prefab centric game mode where two teams are pitted in a race to build a trebuchet-style catapult first. Be sure to defend it, else you get your structure destroyed by the other team.
- Build your own arsenal block by block in the Gun Smithing feature. This one of a kind scalable weapon crafting system lets gamers create anything from flintlock pistols to grenade launching cats. Fully modify the gun’s stats to create the perfect weapon.
- Create custom prefab structures, levels, characters, and weapon structures – the only limit is your own imagination.
- Player-controlled vehicles, perk/killstreak, class loadouts, clan system, and ranks.
- Continual Content Updates – New gigantic maps, wild gameplay modes and additional features to be added in the future, based on community feedback.
Guncraft we be available for purchase on Desura, Green Man Gaming, Rain Digital Games, GamersGate and the official Guncraft website for $14.99. Will you be picking it up? Let us know in the comments below.