A new Halo 4 Limited Edition has been announced by Microsoft today. The Limited Edition will run you an MSRP of $99.99. A lot of the content will be in-game content to extend your online multiplayer experience. The in-game content will be new multiplayer maps that are set to launch after the game hits retail.
Entitled the “War Games Map Pack”, it will include access to nine maps “-three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.” Detailed released schedules for these map packs will be revealed at a later date.
You’ll also be given access to Specializations which allows you to track your Spartan career and achieve higher ranks with new customization options, and the ability to gain access to new ranks. If you buy the Halo 4 Limited Edition on launch day you’ll have access day one while others will have to wait as it releases over time.
Here is some more bonus content to look forward too as well.
- The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet, which includes an armour customisation schematic, a blueprint of the massive ship itself, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: the Spartan-IVs.
· Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
- o Unique in-game Spartan-IV armour skin
- o Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
- o An exclusive in-game emblem
- o Xbox LIVE Avatar prop
- o Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan-IV armour set
· “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the “Halo” universe to life as you’ve never seen it, and provide an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of “Halo 4.”
o “Halo 4” Limited Edition also includes the following exclusive videos:
§ Bonus in-fiction content expanding the characters and stories of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
§ Special Featurette : Bringing Gaming into Reality
§ Making of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”