Hitman‘s next big patch starts rolling out for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players today, introducing performance fixes and new content, developer IO Interactive has announced. PC players will have to wait a little longer for the patch, thoughm which IO says will roll out soon.
Included in the patch is a very welcome improvement to the responsiveness of loading times for various game assets – mostly images – as well as the reintroduction of the Requiem Pack items that were previously missing for those who were supposed to have access to them originally.
Perhaps the most important change is the bolstering of server stability, which is rather important, considering a large portion of the experience hinges on online elements.
You can view the full notes below:
- The Vampire Magician Challenge Pack includes 10 new challenges that were inspired by how our community have been playing the game. Each challenge requires you to wear the Vampire Magician disguise while taking down targets using a range of different methods.
- Continued improvements to load times: The improvements will be most notable when loading The Showstopper mission in Paris and we’re already working on improving all loading times even more.
- Improved responsiveness for in-game menus and image loading: We’ve implemented an image caching system that will improve responsiveness and loading times for all images in the game menu.
- Fixed issues with scoring: Primarily, this fixes an issue that resulted in many players earning a “0 second” time bonus and an incorrect score of 210,000. A leaderboard reset will be implemented at a later date.
- Continued improvements to connectivity: Server stability improvements.
- Missing ‘Requiem Pack’ items have been restored: For those affected, these items will now be available to choose from the planning screen again.
- Fixed numerous issues that were causing crashes: General improvements to game stability.
Credit where credit is due, IO is certainly making sure that Hitman players always have something to do in gaming’s greatest assassin simulator between the release of each major episode. So far, owners of the game only have the first Paris episode to explore, but IO says they’ll be announcing the release date of the second episode – Sapienza – later this week.