Available to Season Pass owners from today, June 3, Square Enix has unleashed the riotous first trailer for Mech Land Assault, Just Cause 3‘s second of three mainline expansion packs.
Priced at $11.99 (€11.99/£9.49), the DLC will ship Rico Rodriguez off to the idyllic island of Lacrima, where he hopes to expose the Black Hand and their abandoned eDEN research base. What our gun-toting adrenaline junkie doesn’t realize, though, is that the facility houses giant mechs, and today’s explosive snippet teases some of their gravity-defying abilities.
Like Metal Gear Solid on steroids, Rico is able to attract and hurl objects with the Gravitational Remote Influence Projector, resulting in some truly jaw-dropping fireworks.
Here’s an overview of Mech Land Assault:
- Pilot two types of powerful Mech and drive them anywhere in Medici.
- Unleash the Mech’s Gravitational Remote Influence Projector or “GRIP” to attract and hurl objects at your enemies.
- Jump and smash helicopters from the sky or ground pound tanks with the GRIPS’s “Force Pulse” attack.
- Prove your skills and earn upgrades in Mech arena challenges.
- Call in a Rebel Mech buddy for extra firepower when the going gets tough.
- Includes a powerful new energy weapon, the Bavarium Power Core rifle.
Mech Land Assault is available to download today, June 3 for Season Pass holders. All other Just Cause 3 players will have to wait one more week before the expansion rolls out for all users, but you can whet your appetite with the slew of action shots, below.