Blizzard rolled out the latest patch for their Warcraft themed CCG Hearthstone yesterday, and besides the wide range of bugs and issues it fixed upon its arrival, the so-called version 13619 update has also introduced the recruit a friend system to entice new players into the mix.
In order to help your friends get stuck in with some card play, the new feature allows you to recruit several of them by way of a special link provided in-game that, when used in the creation of a brand new Battle.net account, will bestow some rather tasty rewards for both players when certain milestones are met.
For using the special sign-up link, all new recruits get a free Classic card pack to help them get a head start. The recruiter, on the other hand, gets brand new Shaman hero Morgl the Oracle when their first recruit reaches a combined level of 20 across all nine heroes.
Each subsequent recruit (up to four maximum) that reaches the same level will award an additional card pack, so there’s plenty of incentive to get as many people to sign-up as possible.
For a first look at new hero Morgl, see the trailer above. Alternatively, see below for the full list of patch notes.
- New icons make it easier for spectators to figure out which game mode you are playing.
- Golden Priest, Rogue, and Neutral cards are now easier to tell apart.
- Golden Hero Powers are now displayed correctly in the Arena.
- Tinyfin Beach – Get this card back by achieving Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of July.
- Silithid Swarmer is now a Beast.
- Khadgar’s portrait now has a drop shadow.
- The Collection Manager now more accurately displays new cards.
- The experience bar will no longer fill up after winning a game at max level.
- Wild card rarity now displays properly when viewing flavor text.
- Golden C’Thun’s buff animation is now gold, gold, GOLD!
- Players should no longer appear as UNKNOWN after reconnecting.
- [iOS] Hearthstone will no longer crash when the device is in a certain orientation when the game is launched.
- [Android] Taking Fatigue damage after running out of cards will no longer result in a crash on Samsung Galaxy S7 devices using Snapdragon CPUs.
- [Mobile] Fixed an issue that could prevent interaction with Heroes and Hero Powers on mobile devices.
- [Mobile] You should no longer crash when clicking on the Social button to bring up the friends list on phones.
- Fixed some audio, graphical, and UI issues.