No, it’s not a joke. Starting July 21, Gary Busey, Hollywood actor and star of films like Lethal Weapon and Point Break, will be immortalized in the world of Hitman, not as a friendly NPC, but an Elusive Target that the player must track down and kill.
At this point, you’re probably asking yourselves, ‘why Gary Busey?’ The answer is quite simple: he was included as part of a ‘Choose Your Hit’ campaign held by IO Interactive that asked players to choose between Busey or Gary Cole to be an in-game target.
Following the successful online campaign to ‘Choose Your Hit’, where fans voted who would appear in HITMAN as a special target between two Hollywood big-hitters Gary Cole and Gary Busey.
Gary Busey won and will appear in HITMAN as an Elusive Target for 7 days.
Hitman‘s seventh contract, dubbed ‘The Wildcard’ goes live at 14:00 CEST / 05:00 PDT later this week, and will take Agent 47 back to Sapienza in search of Mr. Busey. You’ll have a whole week to take him out, so good luck! Oh, and case you need a refresher on the rules of an Elusive Target hit, see below for the key points you’ll want to keep make note of.
Elusive Target Rules:
- Elusive Targets are added to the game for a limited time in real-time. They won’t return.
- You only get one chance to take them down. If you die, you fail the contract and cannot retry it.
- Elusive Targets do not show up on the in-game map or Instinct. You need to locate and identify them with limited intel.
- Earn in-game rewards for completing multiple Elusive Target contracts throughout the season.
- Every Elusive Target adds two unique challenges to the game; one ‘target’ challenge for eliminating the specific Elusive Target and a ‘Silent Assassin’ challenge for eliminating the target without being spotted and without any non-target casualties.