Marvel’s polarizing and humour-filled Deadpool will be making his way to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 near the end of June. As such, fans of the comic book joker’s hijinks will be able to take on his digitized identity as the sweltering summer heat begins to engulf our continent.
The game’s exact release date, which happens to be June 25th, was unveiled today, through the use of a promotional comic image that appeared on Marvel’s official Facebook page. In addition to confirming when we’ll be able to get our hands on the action title, the ad also mentions a collaboration between Marvel and GameStop, which will allow the retailer to offer three different pre-order bonuses.
- Two bonus Challenge Mode maps
- Two exclusive costumes: Deadpool’s D-Pooly suit and Cable’s X-Force attire
- “The most epic digital wallpaper ever.”
In related news, those who pre-order Deadpool through Amazon will be given a unique (and exclusive) digital cover sleeve, a five dollar discount off of Marvel graphic novels, plus a digital wallpaper.
You can put in your pre-order by clicking on the buttons below:
For more information, check out the following press release. As you’ll be able to tell, it comes straight from the horse’s mouth.
April 17, 2013 –So I, the great and magMANimous Deadpool, cordially intimidated invited Activision Publishing, Inc. and High Moon Studios to make a video game starring Marvel’s most Marvel-ous character, me. And you being a gamer of unquestionable good taste wish to pre-order that game. Well I say bravo – you deserve some awesome rewards for putting your trust in Deadpool.
So here we go… Because Deadpool loves you, I’ve sent threats hugs and kisses to the heads of some major retailers to get you some sweet merch for pre-ordering the Merc, including:
GameStop and EBGames – Link
· MY “Merc with a Map Pack” DLC (confetti explosion!) adds two new maps – GRT Plaza and Inside the Tower – to Deadpool Challenge mode, as well as two b-b-b-b-bonus costumes – the D-Pooly and Uncanny X-Force suits only for use in the unlockable Infinite mode where your stats are tracked on a global leaderboard.
· Exclusive digital wallpaper for my PowerUp Rewards friends featuring who else – me!!! I’ll probably be, like, you know, totally ripped in it and all. No bigsies. – U.S. Only
· A (drum roll, please) midnight launch party at the GameStop with the most pre-orders (more drums!) paid BY Activision (now the bassoon!) with a LIVE appearance from ME, Das Pool! Now’s your chance, Kodiak, Alaska GameStop customers! – U.S. Only
Amazon – Link
· A $5 Amazon credit towards select Marvel graphic novels– but seriously… buy a Deadpool graphic novel.
· An exclusive digital wallpaper and digital cover sleeve, because what are you doing not staring at my perfectly sculpted body every waking moment of the day?
That’s it. Go pre-order my new game now, or else.
DEADPOOL will be available June 25, 2013 for the Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 with a $49.99 SRP, and PC with a $39.99 SRP. It is rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB. For more information, visit www.deadpoolgame.com, or follow along at www.facebook.com/RealDeadpool or on Twitter @RealDeadpool.
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visit marvel.com.
About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.
Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company’s website, www.activision.com.
Marvel, Deadpool and related characters: TM & © 2013 Marvel & Subs. Game © 2013 Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. ESRB rating icons are registered trademarks of the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) and may not be used without permission of the ESA. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.