Much to the delight of pretend-Trophy hunters everywhere, last month Konami announced that they were finally getting around to patching Trophy support into Metal Gear Solid 4. That initial announcement didn’t reveal any “solid” details (get it?) about the patch, but thanks to an update on the PlayStation Blog today we now know MGS4‘s full Trophy list and that the update is coming in “early August.”
Konami didn’t nail down the exact release date past “early August,” but we do know that the patch will go live in Japan this coming Monday. Based off that, and the fact that my calendar claims it is “early August” right now, I’d wager that North American Metal Gear Solid 4 owners will be downloading it when the PSN updates on Tuesday.
How the patch will work is still a little unclear. The announcement today seemed to indicate that you will have to play through the game again on a new save file in order for the Trophies to pop up, however that is simply speculation at this point.
What isn’t speculation is the Trophy list, which is a little on the short side, and reads as follows:
- Bronze – You enjoy all the killing, that’s why – Killed many enemies in one area, and vomited.
- Bronze – Divine Wind – Caused a “divine wind” using the Tanegashima.
- Bronze – Hands Up! – Held an enemy soldier at gunpoint and performed a body check.
- Bronze – Emotion Control – Controlled an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
- Bronze – Hurt me more! – Shocked an enemy soldier using Mk. II/III.
- Bronze – Drum Can Addict – Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can.
- Bronze – That Tune Is His Mind Control Music – Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.
- Bronze – Overhead view — just like old times… – Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
- Silver – SUNLIGHT! – Obtained the Solar Gun.
- Silver – I Just Don’t Fear Death – Caused ALERT status while wearing the Corpse Camo.
- Silver – Where I Can See Ya – Located enemy soldiers using the Scanning Plug.
- Silver – Ghost Photography Addict – Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
- Silver – FaceCamo Addict – Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password).
- Silver – Can you feel my power now!!!? – Took control of an enemy soldier’s body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll.
- Silver – Are you an Otaku too? – Viewed all model posters.
- Silver – You’re pretty good. – Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.
- Gold – Flashback Mania – Viewed all flashbacks.
- Gold – Sounds of the Battlefield – Obtained all iPod tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).
- Gold – I am THE expert on weapons, equipment and cutting-edge technology. – Obtained all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password).
- Platinum – The Legendary Hero – Obtained all trophies.
So there you have it, the best excuse to replay Metal Gear Solid 4 is almost upon us. Just don’t go thinking that this will be an easy Platinum, Sounds of the Battlefield is going to take some work.