The critically acclaimed Moto Racer series is set to return later this year with Moto Racer 4, and now there is a confirmed release date for Microids’ racing revival. The game will launch on October 13 and will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC systems.
Now, as well as confirming the release date, Microids have announced some of the new features that will be coming with the new addition to the series.
As of today, these include:
– KING OF THE HILL: Each rider starts with the same time on the clock. While time runs down for the leader, the other racers get extra turbo. The first player to get their counter down to zero wins the race.
– LAST MAN STANDING: The last player to pass each checkpoint is eliminated.
– SURVIVAL: The race starts with very little time on the clock. Players gain time by passing the checkpoints. In single-player mode, the aim is to survive for a specific length of time. In multi-player mode, the winner is the last player with time left on their clock.
– CATCH-UP: The player’s opponents begin the race with a headstart and the player must be in first place at a specific time.
– WOLF PACK: The player begins the race with a headstart and must maintain it for a certain length of time without being overtaken.
– GHOST BIKE: The player starts the race in last place and is not allowed to deviate from the road or collide with others. S/he must finish in a specified minimum place.
– GOLDEN HELMET: Competitors must earn the one golden helmet up for grabs during therace. To do this, they must be first past the initial checkpoint. If the player wearing the golden helmet is knocked by another player, s/he surrenders it to that player. If a player falls off their bike, s/he loses the helmet and it is automatically sent to the next checkpoint.
The fourth instalment of the Moto Racer franchise will be released when Moto Racer 4 arrives on October 13th, 2016 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.