Courtesy of EA’s official Twitter page, it has emerged that new Mass Effect: Andromeda details are on their way today as part of EA and BioWare’s annual N7 Day celebrations, although what exactly it is we’re getting remains unclear.
— EA UK (@electronicarts) November 7, 2016
Of course, the best case scenario would be a gameplay trailer along with a firm release date for the sci-fi sequel, and considering past comments have pegged the title for an early 2017 release, we can’t imagine a better time to give fans a concrete release window than today.
Besides a tech demo showing Andromeda running on 4K by way of Sony’s PS4 Pro reveal, we’ve not been given much else since besides a call to arms for the ‘Andromeda Initiative’ (above video).
Keep an eye out on EA’s Twitter page from 3pm PST onward though for a first look at whatever the publisher has up its sleeve.
As an aside, VG247 reports that US retailer Best Buy has leaked the box art for Mass Effect: Andromeda ahead of an official reveal. No release date is provided, but listings for a $69.99 Deluxe Edition on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are present. See below for the product details provided by the retailer.
- Chart Your Own Course in a Dangerous New Galaxy
- Unravel the mysteries of the Andromeda galaxy as you discover rich, alien worlds in the search for humanity’s new home
- Lead the First Humans in Andromeda on a Desperate Search for our New Home
- In this new chapter of Mass Effect, meet and recruit all-new, interesting characters caught up in an epic space saga filled with mystery and galactic conflict
- Fight with your Pathfinder Team In Battle Against Terrifying Enemies and Creatures
- New additions like destructible environments, boosted jumps for added verticality, and all-new weapons and Biotics make combat more thrilling than ever
- Build a Formidable Hero With Amazing Weapons, Powers and Tech
- With a much more flexible skill and weapon progression tree, you can replicate your play style to make you unstoppable against new, powerful alien enemies
- For 1 player or up to 4 in multiplayer mode