It’s time to pick-up your trusty ghost-sucking vacuum, because Luigi’s Mansion 2 has been announced for the 3DS. The often overlooked green clad plumber is getting another solo adventure, where he will be scared silly by a bevy of different ghosts in several new mansion environments. One of those happens to be an Egyptian-themed mansion, where you’ll have to face mummy ghosts. Hopefully our pal Luigi packed an extra pair of underpants for his journey.
The sequel to one of the GameCube’s most popular launch titles is described as being “an all new adventure.”
“Luigi is back on a mission to remove a bunch of stubborn ghosts from some
spooky mansions. Armed with his trusty Poltergust ghost-sucking vacuum
cleaner, Mario’s brother takes center stage to capture these pesky phantoms,” reads the official blurb.
Nintendo revealed a list of in-game features, which we’ve gathered for you:
– Shining a light on the ghosts is no longer enough to stun them into immobility. Players need to activate a strobe function and release it to stun the ghosts before sucking them up with the Poltergust.
– Different types of ghosts haunt the different mansions. Luigi must figure out how to defeat each one of them and find hidden secrets to unlock new areas and treasure chests. These new elements add more variety and introduce new puzzle-solving mechanics.
– Players can use the Poltergust to help Luigi remove wallpaper to reveal hidden areas, clean up piles of treasure-hiding leaves or suck up stacks of coins and bills. But in reality, the nervous and reluctant Luigi just wants to get as far away from these ghosts as possible.
– The 3D visuals bring the mansions, ghosts and surroundings to life. Players experience all the haunting chills and fun the game has to offer.
– This game is the first follow-up to the 2001 Nintendo GameCube launch title Luigi’s Mansion
If you’re not too afraid, you can take a look at screens and a gameplay trailer below: