UFO Interactive has announced that Scourge: Outbreak, an overhauled version of the 2010 PC game The Scourge Project, will make its debut appearance as an Xbox Live Arcade title on July 3 of this year. The game will include a campaign mode for up to four players, along with various other multiplayer modes for up to eight players. More information can be viewed in the press release below, along with a debut trailer.
UFO Interactive Unleashes Scourge: Outbreak this Summer
Futuristic Third-person Shooter from Tragnarion Studios Headed to Xbox LIVE this July
Torrence, Calif. – May 22, 2013 – UFO Interactive Games, in partnership with Tragnarion Studios today announced the upcoming worldwide release of Scourge: Outbreak as an arcade game on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network from Microsoft on July 3, 2013.
A raw and gritty, futuristic squad-based third-person shooter (TPS) built with Unreal Engine 3, Scourge: Outbreak pits the veteran mercenaries of Echo Squad, against their sworn enemies, the Nogari Corporation, in a desperate mission to rescue a double agent hidden behind enemy lines and to recover a mysterious meteorite fragment from Nogari’s possession. Convinced that Nogari’s ‘Ambrosia Fuel Technology’ is connected with deadly plagues that threaten to ravage the world, this may be Echo Squad’s last and only shot at bringing the Nogari threat to its knees once and for all.
Scourge: Outbreak marks the Xbox LIVE debut of a massively overhauled and vastly improved version of The Scourge Project: Episodes 1 & 2, originally released for Windows® PC in April 2010. With a host of new features and enhancements based on community feedback, including new and re-vamped gameplay, a stronger and more prominent story narrative, smarter AI, more gratifying gunplay, powerful new XP Perks, a much more detailed and vibrant world, and a long list of other exciting changes, the differences between TSP and Scourge: Outbreak are phenomenal!“Scourge: Outbreak looks better, plays better, and is far more fun than The Scourge Project ever was,” said Ake Mora Temnerud, Studio Director of Tragnarion Studios. “It’s a game that our small, humble team is immensely proud of, and we think that once players get into the game, they are really going to enjoy all of the newly-added content and features we’ve added.”
Scourge: Outbreak Key Features:
- Up to 4-Player Co-op Campaign with 6+ hours of gameplay
- 4 Playable Characters, each with different weapon handling stats and a distinct combination of Special Abilities
- Unique character-specific flashbacks that reveal critical past events, and shed a new light on the game’s story
- XP system to track your experience and unlock powerful gameplay rewards in Campaign AND Multiplayer
- Squad AI for groups with less than 4 Players
- Quick-Order-System (QOS) for rapid deployment of squad-members
- 9 Weapons, plus multiple variants of each to suit your style of play
- Up to 8 Players in Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture-The-Flag multiplayer Versus modes in 5 action-packed maps!
- Leaderboards for competing with friends and other Players around the world!
- Challenging Achievements to unlockThis summer, team up with some squad mates and prepare to blast holes through Nogari forces. Help reveal Echo Squad’s shrouded past and uncover the truth before the truth catches up to them. Featuring full 4-player co-op support throughout the entire 6+ hour campaign, as well as intense close-quarters PvP modes for up to 8 players, Scourge: Outbreak promises to be a must-have title for Xbox LIVE Arcade fans worldwide.