Square Enix and developer IO Interactive have all hands at the pump in preparation of the imminent beta test for Hitman. Set to go live for PlayStation 4 users first on February 12, today brings forth a new trailer for the vertical slice, along with a detailed breakdown of the content therein.
Weighing in at 4.7GB in size – how very apropos – the beta will expand to PC soon thereafter (February 19) though there are no plans to host an early test on Xbox One.
Hosting a FAQ in anticipation of the beta’s arrival, Square cautioned that the only way to access said test is by pre-ordering a digital version of the stealth title either on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. Those who pre-ordered physical copies of Hitman aren’t eligible.
Here’s an extract from the FAQ section. YouTubers and content creators will be pleased to note that you will be able to share images and gameplay videos from the pre-release build.
- It won’t include Contracts Mode
- It’s available in English only. The full game includes English audio as well as subtitles for English, Spanish (Spain & Latin America), French, Italian, German, Polish, Russian, and Portuguese (Brazil).
- You need an Internet connection
- You can share images and post gameplay videos
- PC specs are available at the Steam Store Page
- Beta players are encouraged to leave feedback at these places: Square Enix Forums / Hitman Forum / Hitman Subreddit / Hitman Steam Group / Hitman Twitter
- Once the beta wraps up, Square Enix will send out a survey asking for your thoughts
Venture into a complex world of assassinations when Hitman drops for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on March 11. That’s only the base game, however, with plans in place to roll out content regularly after launch.
Source: Square Enix