The digital pinball wizards over at Zen Studios announced today that the first three Star Wars Pinball tables (Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett [Original Trilogy], and Star Wars: The Clone Wars) will be released next week as downloadable content on the following platforms:
- Pinball FX2 on Xbox Live Arcade – February 27th for 800 Microsoft Points
- Zen Pinball 2 on PlayStation Network for PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita, with Cross Buy (Purchase once and play on both systems) February 26th in North America for $9.99, February 27th in Europe for €9.99
- Zen Pinball 2 on the Mac App Store – February 27th for $2.99/table
- Zen Pinball on the Apple App Store – February 27th for $1.99/table
- Zen Pinball HD Google Play – February 27th for $1.99/table
Additionally, Star Wars Pinball will release as a standalone application on the following platforms:
- Star Wars Pinball for the Apple App Store
- Star Wars Pinball for Google Play
Per Zen Studios video game pinball standards, each Star Wars Pinball tables will include; interactive 3D characters, unique gameplay elements, online global leaderboards, friend challenges, local hotseat, and online multiplayer features.
The developer has also announced that the Empire table in Star Wars Pinball features a new checkpoint system that saves your progress during the game’s missions. If you happen to run out of time, or experience a ball drain, the checkpoint kicks in and the next time you start the mission you can pick up where you left off.
If you have not yet done so, make sure to check the Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back trailer embedded below to get a taste for all that Star Wars Pinball has to offer.
Over the course of the this year Zen Studios plans to launch a total of ten tables in the Star Wars Pinball collection. We will keep an eye out for an official announcement on what the themes will be for the remaining seven tables and let you know as soon we hear anything.