Watch Dogs Receives A Major Patch
While it’s safe to say that Watch Dogs delivered on its monstrous hype – despite facing various setbacks, such as a seasonal delay – the game didn’t launch without some bugs here and there. To be fair though, just about every title has a few problems upon launch. It is simply impossible to catch every glitch or bug during a game’s production cycle. What really matters in the end is if the developers actually bother to go back and fix the issues that arrive once a game is unleashed into the wild, and if they do so in a timely manner.
In the case of Watch Dogs, Ubisoft did right by the customer and went through the process of creating a fairly extensive patch that should eradicate corrupted save files, mission bugs and more. Below are the complete details on what the patch contains:
MAJOR GAME FIXES
• Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
• Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
• Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
• Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
• Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
• Fixed several minor respawn issues.
• Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
PC SPECIFIC FIXES
• Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
• Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
• Implemented several performance improvements.
• Implemented a few control improvements.
• Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
• Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
• Implemented several mouse modifications.
• Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
• Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
• Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
• Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
• Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
• Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
• Added game version in main menu.
The patch is currently available on the PS3 and PS4, and will be available this week for all other platforms. Whether you’ve completed Watch Dogs or not, your stay in Chicago should now be much more relaxing and enjoyable now.