After tackling the MMO genre with the wonderfully satirical expansion, Coffee Stain Studios is turning its astute eye to another saturated category of video games for Goat Simulator‘s soon-to-be-released update. Entitled GoatZ, the $5 expansion will introduce fans of the ludicrous platformer to the flesh-eating world of zombies when it releases on May 7.
Originally, the studio had planned the aforementioned MMO add-on as the final content pack for Goat Simulator. However, after being inundated with requests to continue to support the title, Coffee Stain Studios duly obliged with GoatZ. In a press release, the indie company outlined some of the features we can expect when the DLC releases later this week, all the while poking fun at the genre’s conventions just for good measure.
- Mandatory crafting system because everyone else is doing it.
- Zombies that bug out. There’s a pun here about actual living bugs, but we’re not going to bother.
- You can craft anything in the world, as long as it’s one of the half dozen weapons in the game.
- Zombies, because this is a zombie game, remember?
- A pretty big new map with some stuff in it.
- Completely realistic survival mode where you have to eat every damn five minutes to survive because Dean Hall & Garry Newman said so.
- Tons of unlockable new goats with special powers (wow, never thought I’d ever write that sentence a couple of years ago. Also hi mom).
Goat Simulator‘s upcoming zombie-themed expansion has been slated for a release on May 7 across PC, Linux, Mac, iOS and Android, though Coffee Stain Studios is yet to announce whether the update will make its way onto consoles.