Dwayne Johnson Says He’s A Joe In G.I. Joe Sequel


Dwayne Johnson Says He's A Joe In G.I. Joe Sequel

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has announced that he’s joined the cast of the upcoming G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes. As we reported earlier this month, Johnson has been in talks to join the cast of the sequel to the 2009 film G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra as the heavy machine gunner “Roadblock.”

The actor confirmed his casting via his Twitter and WhoSay accounts saying,

“It’s official: Call the Pentagon, get me my big ass gun – Rocks a JOE!”

Set to be directed by Jon M. Chu (Step Up 3D), the sequel has been described as an ‘overhaul’ with only Channing Tatum (Duke), Lee Byung-hun (Storm Shadow), and Ray Park (Snake Eyes) set to return. Production will begin this August in Louisiana with a release date of August 10 of next year.

Personally, I couldn’t care less if they made a G.I. Joe sequel. The first film was average at best and I was happy that I didn’t pay to go see it in theaters. However, seeing Johnson beat the tar out of a bunch of baddies, hauling machine guns, and basically being a big screen badass is always fun. Let’s hope he makes the film worthwhile.

How do you feel about Johnson as a Joe?

comments powered by Disqus
All Posts
Loading more posts...