As one of the biggest releases due to make its bow before the year’s end, excitement for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story continues to simmer, with fans still searching far and wide for any tidbit relating to Gareth Edwards’ Anthology film in anticipation of its arrival in December.
Offering up a means of sating that appetite today is online book catalog Edelwiess (via Jedi News), which listed a 10-page preview of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: The Official Visual Story Guide that covers all manner of character details, ship names and even some preliminary artwork.
MORE NEWS FROM THE WEB
It’s hardly surprising that Rogue One is in line to get its own Visual Story Guide, particularly after the success of the tie-in for The Force Awakens last year. And here, the book recounts the core cast of galactic bandits gunning to steal blueprints for the Death Star.
- Felicity Jones plays Jyn Erso, a gifted soldier and warrior.
- Diego Luna plays Captain Cassian Andor, an officer in the Rebel Alliance
- Jiang Wen plays Baze, a freelance assassin
- Alan Tudyk plays the CGI character K-250, an Enforcer Droid and evidently an imperial model, but teams up with the rebels
- Riz Ahmed plays Bodhi, a rebel soldier
- Pao, an alien who is described as a “fierce warrior”
- Donnie Yen plays Chirrut, a spiritual warrior
- Bistan, another alien who is described as a “fierce warrior”
As for those attempting to stop the Rebel Alliance in its tracks, Ben Mendelssohn’s Director Krennic will play an instrumental role in the prequel movie as “the military director of the Empire, to defend the Galactic Empire against the Rebels mission to steal the Death Star plans.” Elsewhere, the artwork glimpsed in the gallery below features both the Tie Striker and the Rebel Starfighter (aka the U-Wing).
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story has been pegged to arrive in theaters on December 16. Below, you’ll find a preliminary image for Edelwiess’ Official Visual Story Guide of Gareth Edwards’ heist movie.