Ryan Reynolds Sounds A Bit More Hopeful About Deadpool 3 Now

By
x

Between Drew Goddard’s planned X-Force film and the imminent launch of Deadpool 2 – look for it to hit theaters this Friday – the Merc With a Mouth is set for a very bright future at 20th Century Fox. And that’s despite ongoing interest from Disney.

He’s the current cover star of Entertainment Weekly, for instance, while Ryan Reynolds strongly believes that David Leitch’s sequel is actually a “family film” masquerading as a superhero movie – just as the Merc’s big-screen debut was a love story wrapped up in comic book clothing.

We’ll have to wait until Deadpool 2‘s arrival later this week before we understand the full extent of the actor’s unusual elevator pitch, but when Reynolds was pressed about a possible third installment for his gun-toting mercenary earlier this month, he played coy, stating that Deadpool 3 is by no means a sure thing.

“I don’t know that there would be a Deadpool 3. I really don’t.”

Now, however, it seems that he’s changed his tune. When asked again about the possibility of a threequel by Variety, Reynolds sounded a lot more hopeful. Of course, he wouldn’t outright confirm anything, but did say this:

“Well, there is talk about a X-Force film which isn’t really a Deadpool film — but it’s sort of a group effort. But, for Deadpool 3, we’ll see. I don’t know. At this point, I don’t even want to think about it. Down the road, I’m sure we will figure it out.”

Again, that’s hardly a confirmation that the Merc will return in a third solo outing, but it is, at the very least, a lot more optimistic of a reply than what we got before. That being said, any further film, be it a team-up or standalone, will hinge heavily on the box office numbers for Deadpool 2.

Though given that the sequel is said to be targeting a massive opening weekend in the region of $150 million domestically, it doesn’t look like there’s anything to worry about.

Source: Variety

All Posts
Loading more posts...