Proving that big-screen scares needn’t be confined to Halloween, Aviron Pictures and director Johannes Roberts are gearing up for the launch of The Strangers: Prey at Night, a horror sequel that tells the story of one luckless family who find themselves marooned in an abandoned trailer park. Enter the masked psychopaths.
It’s currently slated to arrive on March 9th, and today brings word of what is perhaps the perfect warm-up act: The Strangers remastered, which promises to be a no-holds-barred version of Bryan Bertino’s cult classic.
Packed to the rafters with insightful interviews and deleted scenes – not to mention a one-to-one discussion with Bertino himself – Scream Factory plans to launch its souped-up version of The Strangers on March 6th, meaning you have exactly 48 hours to relive the home invasion thriller before its follow-up, one that’s coming from the mind of Bryan Bertino and Ben Katai, creeps into theaters.
Here’s a rundown of those bonus features, courtesy of Bloody Disgusting:
– NEW HD master of the theatrical cut taken from the 2K digital intermediate
– The Element of Terror – interviews with the cast and crew
– Strangers at the Door – interviews with writer/director Bryan Bertino and the cast
– Deleted Scenes
– TV Spots
– Theatrical Trailer
The bonus content continues onto a second disc, too, which includes one-to-one interviews with Laura Margolis and Kip Weeks – Pin-Up Girl and the Man in the Mask, respectively.
– NEW HD master of the unrated cut taken from the 2K digital intermediate
– NEW Defining Moments – an interview with writer/director Bryan Bertino
– NEW All the Right Moves – an interview with actor Kip Weeks (Man in the Mask)
– NEW Brains and Brawn – an interview with actress Laura Margolis (Pin Up Girl)
– NEW Deep Cuts – an interview with editor Kevin Greutert
– Still Gallery
The Strangers remastered comes knocking on March 6th – just in time for the theatrical launch of Prey at Night two days later. We’ll be bringing you full coverage of the latter as Johannes Roberts’ sequel begins to rear its big ugly head over the horizon, so stay tuned.
Source: Bloody Disgusting