Marvel Studios is hard at work on Phase Two and the marketing campaign for the various films is starting to kick into gear. At this time last year, all people could talk about was The Avengers. This time though, the films on everyone’s minds are Iron Man 3, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Thor: The Dark World. While the first two of those three have seen some decent marketing thus far, Thor: The Dark World is keeping a lower profile.
That may change very soon though as Marvel is getting ready to release the first trailer for the film and today, we have a description of said trailer for you as well as a possible date for when we may see it.
During the Disney Consumer Show in Mexico this week, Marvel unleashed the first trailer for the upcoming film, which is set to be directed by Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones).
Though we weren’t in attendance, unfortunately, thanks to the Marvel Cómics México Facebook page, we have a brief summary of what was shown. Check it out below:
- Trailer opens with Thor’s voiceover, as quick scenes of action are shown, along with Jane Foster in her Asgardian attire and people on Earth running from “something”
- Thor tells Jane he promised he would return and scenes are shown of Thor coming to Earth and taking Jane to back to Asgard.
- The action sequences are reportedly “incredible” and Thor is shown taking a beating. He’s fatigued and Malekith, leader of the Dark Elves, is shown completely unafraid of Thor.
- A futuristic glass prison is shown, and Loki sits within after the events of The Avengers.
- Thor comes to him and says “I need your help, but if you betray me, I will kill you.”
- Loki [smirking] responds: ”What is it I must do?”
- Thor is shown fighting Malekith as Jane watches. Malekith threatens her, as a beaten Thor eyes the Dark Elf King and screams “Noooo!”
After the trailer was shown, it was announced that it will hit theatres in about two weeks time, which is when Iron Man 3 opens up overseas. It’s safe to assume that North American audiences will also get the trailer when Tony Stark’s latest adventures touches down here a week later.
Thor: The Dark World hits theatres on November 8th, 2013. Are you excited to check out the trailer? Let us know in the comments below.