We told you last week that Warner Bros. had dropped Dumb and Dumber To. Apparently, they didn’t want to bet $30 million on the film as they didn’t think it would perform well. The Farrelly brothers didn’t give up when this happened though. They took the film around to a few other studios and today, it seems that they have found someone who is interested in making it for them.
According to a Tweet from the brothers, Red Granite Pictures and Universal Pictures have given them the greenlight.
— Farrelly Brothers (@farrellybros) June 18, 2013
Honestly, I think this is a great move by Universal and Red Granite. I’m shocked that Warner Bros. turned down the sequel, especially since it only had a $30 million price tag attached to it. That’s not a lot of money considering that Jim Carrey will star and that the first film is now considered a classic. I have no idea why Warner Bros. passed on this film but I’m glad that someone had the good sense to pick it up.
Personally, I’m not the biggest fan of the original but like I said above, I do think that a sequel will do very well and I’m happy to see that it will finally be made. This has been a long time coming and I’m sure that those who fell in love with Harry Dunne and Llyod Christmas in the Farrelly brothers’ original film will be thrilled to hear this news.
Now that the film has been given the greenlight, expect more details to start rolling out soon. When they do, we’ll be sure to keep you posted.
Tell us, are you happy to see that Dumb and Dumber To will finally be made? Let us know in the comments below.