2015 has been a big year for Luke Bond, and we’re only in March. After being nominated for “Beat Trance Track” at the IDMAs, he’s currently gearing up to release a new song on Garuda and also has a collab with Omnia coming soon on Armind. The British DJ is certainly on the rise, and with a new remix out today of Gareth Emery’s “Soldier,” we have much reason to sit up and take notice of him.
And that’s exactly what we here at We Got This Covered did. As big fans of the producer, we got in touch with him and asked about his work on “Soldier” and what he was going for with the remix.
Here’s what he had to say:
“I was really excited to remix Soldier because I had already fallen in love with the original and had a blast working with Roxanne’s vocals again after the success of our track On Fire. My goal with this was to really bring out the power of Roxanne’s voice and give it a more upfront energetic feel while keeping the same epic musical elements from Gareth’s version.”
You can take a listen to Bond’s remix for yourself below. It’s impressive work from the young producer, to be sure, and is another definite highlight of what is turing out to be a breakout year for him. By giving the song a harder hitting feel, he turns it into a more energetic piece of work that still stays true to the original, which is an excellent track in its own right.
In addition to the “Soldier” remix, we also have something else to share with you today. When we reached out to Luke earlier in the week, he was kind enough to provide us with an exclusive guest mix which you can check out below. Comprised of tracks like Tritonal’s “Ginsu,” Above & Beyond’s “Satellite,” and Bond’s own “Kamikaze,” among others, it’s a euphoric and uplifting mix of music that will leave you on a high note once it finishes.
Check it out below, along with the tracklisting, and let us know what you think.
1. Porter Robinson – Flicker (Juventa Bootleg)
2. Wrechiski & Jason Ross – Atlas
3. Gareth Emery Feat. LJ Ayrten – Beautiful Rage (Alex Sonata Remix)
4. Tiesto Vs. Michael Brun Vs. Tom & Jame – Arkham Comes Back (Triarchy & Brito Edit)
5. Aruna – Reason to Believe (Paris Blohm Remix)
6. Protoculture – Pegasus
7. Tritonal – Ginsu
8. Luke Bond – Kamikaze
7. Ashley Wallbridge – Vision (Luke Bond Remix)
8. Kryder vs Thomas Newson & Magnificence – Blizzard on Fiji (Luke Bond Edit)
9. Gareth Emery Feat. Roxanne Emery – Soldier (Luke Bond Remix)
10. Tritonal Feat. Skyler Stonestreet – Electric Glow (Arston Remix)
11. Cosmic Gate – Happyness
12. Above & Beyond pres. OceanLab – Satellite (ilan Bluestone Remix)