Production On House Of Cards Season 6 Suspended Indefinitely

By
x

Deadline is reporting that production on Netflix’s House of Cards has been suspended indefinitely today.

This comes not even 24 hours after the streaming service announced that it would pull the plug on the show after its sixth and final season, which is currently shooting. Of course, this is all due to the disturbing allegations made against star Kevin Spacey late Sunday night, when Anthony Rapp accused the actor of making unwanted sexual advances on him when he was 14.

In a statement released to the press, Netflix said the following about their decision to halt production:

“MRC and Netflix have decided to suspend production on House of Cards season six, until further notice, to give us time to review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew.”

Production On House Of Cards Season 6 Suspended Indefinitely

At the moment, there’s no word on when things might get back underway, but as the scandal surrounding Spacey only continues to get worse, we imagine that there’s a possibility he may be removed from the show. That, or the sixth season may never end up happening. Right now, we simply don’t know what Netflix intends to do or how they’ll handle this, only that they’ve hit the pause button.

In a statement released yesterday, the streaming giant said that they were “deeply troubled” by Spacey’s actions, though noted that he’s not currently on set.

“Media Rights Capital and Netflix are deeply troubled by last night’s news concerning Kevin Spacey. In response to last night’s revelations, executives from both of our companies arrived in Baltimore this afternoon to meet with our cast and crew to ensure that they continue to feel safe and supported. As previously scheduled, Kevin Spacey is not working on set at this time.”

Again, there’s no word on how Netflix plans to proceed from here, but this is certainly troubling to hear and leaves the fate of House of Cards very much up in the air.

Source: Deadline

All Posts