Not too long ago we heard about a Batman: Arkham Origins collector’s edition for the UK. It was a pretty impressive package and at the time, I predicted that the North American version (not sure why we need a different version to begin with?) would be equally as enticing. Well, now we have the full details on what will be included for those of us on this side of the ocean and I must say, I think it’s even better than what Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment came up with for our British friends.
For $120, here’s what you’ll get. First off, there’s a statue of The Joker surrounded by TVs, which is actually quite haunting. It’s 9 inches tall and 13 inches wide, not a bad size at all. There’s also “two pieces of evidence from the Gotham crime lab, an 80-page art book, a Batman “wanted” poster, blueprints of the batwing, an Anarky logo stencil, a glow-in-the-dark map of Gotham City, the Wayne family photo and dossiers on all eight assassins out to get Batman, including Black Mask’s contract.”
But it doesn’t stop there. On the digital side of things, you’ll also be receiving the First Appearance Batman Skin, the Deathstroke Challenge Pack, a documentary titled Necessary Evil, which looks at DC Comics’ most well-known villains and, those on the PS3 will get the Knightfall Pack.
Now, it should be noted that this collector’s edition is also for Australia and New Zealand, though those two territories will not be receiving the documentary, for some odd reason.
So, there you have it, a pretty appealing offer. Despite the high price tag, and the fact that I rarely go for collector’s editions, I actually might end up putting down a pre-order for this one.
What do you think? Will you be picking up the collector’s edition of Batman: Arkham Origins? Let us know in the comments and check out the full press release below!
Batman™: Arkham Origins Collectors’ Edition Revealed for
North America, Australia and New Zealand
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today unveiled details for the Batman™: Arkham Origins Collectors’ Edition. The package will be available on October 25, 2013 in limited quantities for the PlayStation®3 system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and has a retail price of $119.99.
The Batman: Arkham Origins Collectors’ Edition will include the following extensive bonus content:
· Exclusive Arkham Origins highly detailed premium statue featuring LED effects produced by TriForce
· Height: 9″
· Depth: 11.5″
· Width: 13″
· 80-page, full-color hardcover art book measuring approx. 7.5″ x 10.75″ x .5″
· 2 key pieces of evidence taken directly from the Gotham City Police Department crime lab
· Batman Wanted Poster
· Batwing Prototype Schematic
· Anarky logo stencil
· Glow-In-The-Dark map of Gotham City
· Wayne Family Photo
· Assassin’s Intel Dossier, including files on the 8 assassins, as well as Black Mask’s contract
· 1st Appearance Batman Skin: Look just like Batman did during his first appearance in Detective Comics #27, released in 1939.
· Deathstroke Challenge Pack – Unlock the ability to play as one of the world’s deadliest assassins! Usable throughout all the Arkham Origins Challenge maps. Also includes two bonus challenge maps and two bonus Deathstroke Skins.
· Bonus (not available in Australia / New Zealand): Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics– This new feature-length documentary from Warner Bros Home Entertainment focuses on DC Comics’ most terrifying villains. Legendary actor Christopher Lee narrates the film.
· The PS3 edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive piece of content