Blizzard Showcases Gul’dan Gameplay For Heroes Of The Storm
Just a week after confirming that Warcraft‘s resident evil shaman Gul’dan would be crossing over to Blizzard’s own MOBA Heroes of the Storm, the studio has dispatched a new gameplay video showcasing his abilities and playstyle for fans eager to get their fill. The footage, which you can watch above, describes the soul-stealing Orc as being “a sustained damage ranged assassin whose thirst for power is his greatest strength – and weakness.”
Continuing the risk vs. reward theme Blizzard gave the character for his appearance in CCG Hearthstone, Gul’dan will have considerably powerful abilities, but will not be able to regenerate mana naturally, instead having to sacrifice health in order to restore the precious resource.
Check out the full list of his abilities below:
Trait – Life Tap (D)
- Gul’dan does not regenerate Mana
- Activate to sacrifice a portion of your Health, restoring 25% of your maximum Mana
- Fel Flame (Q) – Release a wave of flame that damages each enemy it passes through
- Drain Life (W) – Drain the life from an enemy over 3 seconds, dealing damage to the target and healing Gul’dan each second while channeling
- Corruption (E) – Call forth three bursts of shadow energy in a line, which deal damage to each enemy they strike over 6 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times
- Horrify (R) – After a short delay, deal damage and Fear all enemy Heroes in the area for 2 seconds
Rain of Destruction (R) – Summon a rain of meteors in a large area for 7 seconds. Each meteor deals a damage in a small area
Gul’dan isn’t the only guest character on the way to Heroes of the Storm. Blizzard also recently confirmed that Diablo III‘s Auriel will also make an appearance at some point in the near future. No release date has been set for either character, but the former is currently playable until July 11 for those that have access to the Public Test Realm.