Sony announced this morning that anyone who buys a 1-year PlayStation Plus subscription between now and March 4th will receive an additional 3 months of the premium service as an added bonus. The deal is open for both new and existing Plus members, making this the ideal time to top off your subscription.
The announcement also noted that during 2012 PlayStation Plus members were offered $2,472 in total benefits between all the discounted and free games on the PlayStation 3/Vita Instant Game Collection. When you consider that a 1-year subscription to the service only costs $49.99, it’s hard to view PS Plus as being anything less than one hell of a bargain.
I’ve had my PlayStation Plus subscription since before the introduction of the Instant Game Collection and have been nothing less than completely satisfied with all the benefits that Sony has added to the service. If you have a PS3/Vita and are not a subscriber, I can’t recommended a better way to spend $50 over PSN.
As for this week’s PlayStation Plus update, Sony announced one new game will be added to the Instant Game Collection — Tecmo’s Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for the PS Vita — and four new PSN titles have been discounted by up to %50 off.
- Madden 13 (PS3) – Original Price: $41.99; PS Plus Price: $29.39 (30% discount)
- Madden 13 (PS Vita) – Original Price: $27.99; PS Plus Price: $19.59 (30% discount)
- Gatling Gears (PS3) – Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50 (50% discount)
- Section 8: Prejudice (PS3) – Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $5.00 (50% discount)
- Greed Corp (PS3) (US and Canada only) – Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50 (50% discount)
The PlayStation Blog post did not announce any other games that PlayStation Plus members will be getting in the near future, however, the site’s European counterpart did reveal that Sleeping Dogs will be added to their Instant Game Collection on February 6th. This doesn’t necessarily mean that U.S. Plus subscribers can expect the same treatment next month, but we can always hope.