I loved Borderlands when it hit the market back in 2009. The idea of “Diablo with guns” had me sold on first sight, and I couldn’t wait to jump in with my buddies for a LAN game. Sadly, after spending hours trying to fight router configurations, Gamespy and eventually each other, we scrapped the idea. While Borderlands was a great game, saying it was not optimized for the PC is a massive understatement.
Luckily for all of us, it seems Gearbox Software has been getting my letters. And rather than respond with yet another restraining order, Claptrap has written a love letter for all of you PC gamers out there. You can find the raunchy letter here. I just can’t stay mad at him.
Here’s a list of what we can look forward to.
- FOV Slider
- 100% mouse usable menus/mouse wheel scrolling
- remappable keybinds
- PC specific UI
- Native multiplayer matchmaking
- Push to talk
- Logitech Keyboard Support
- LAN support (including offline mode)
- Control pad support
- Integrated V-sync option
- Support for higher resolutions
- Mouse smoothing options (can be disabled completely)
- Cloud save support
- Achievement support
- Friends list support
- No Port Forwarding required