The new Survival Mode Beta for Fallout 4 has been available through Steam for just a short time, but a small problem with it had been putting some players off already. Many testers had noted a peculiar mechanic that made the protagonist suffer from a desperate, near-unquenchable hunger when playing the Survival Mode.
Well, mercifully, Bethesda have attended to this irregularity in a new update. The hunger and thirst needs have been scaled back to more manageable levels, meaning the mode will no longer be pitching for a re-title to The Apocalypse’s Hungriest Man Simulator: 2016.
But seriously, it is good to see that the Beta period for the Survival Mode is proving to be fruitful. Along with this fix there’s also been a solution to the supply line allocation issues, meaning they can be properly assigned. There’s also the added feature of a colour change for the different statuses of thirst, hunger, sleep and disease icons.
Additionally the following tweaks have been made:
- Carry capacity lowered.
- Sleep cycle has been lowered from 24 hours to 14 hour days.
- Increases chance to get a disease.
- Fusion cores weigh more.
- Nuka Cola Quantums no longer cancel out caffeine effect from Nuka Cola and Nuka Cola Cherry.
- Fixed occasional issue with becoming parched or peckish when thirst or hunger are actually satisfied.
- Fixed issue where Adrenaline effect would incorrectly persist after changing difficulty level.
- When companion is down, a quest target will appear on them.
You can still participate in the Beta period for the Fallout 4 Survival Mode on PC, via Steam, if you haven’t already done so.