First-Person Shooter And Sandbox Game Gunscape Out Now On Xbox One And PlayStation 4
If creating your own first-person shooter game has ever been a lifelong dream of yours, Gunscape is the video game you’ve been waiting for all these years. Part shooter, part world-building sandbox game in the same vein as Minecraft, Gunscape gives players all the tools they need to build their own retro shooter. Get building!
The focus of Blowfish Studios’ title is obviously on encouraging players to build their own experiences to play and share with friends, but the developer has also crafted its own campaign to get you started.
Speaking of sharing with friends, up to 20 players can take part in one session of shooting, building and testing, with local co-op also supported for all platforms. However, only four player split-screen is supported on the PlayStation 4 version, as opposed to eight for Xbox One and PC.
Here are the features you can get stuck with:
- Create, share and play levels or just enjoy those made by other gamers
- Three types of maps: single-player, co-op campaign or competitive multiplayer
- Classic competitive game modes: Deathmatch, Last Man Standing, Gungame, Infection, Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch and Team Survival
- Two – eight player split-screen multiplayer and up to 20 online
- Cross-platform map sharing
- An intuitive level creation toolkit
- A wide selection of weapons, enemies, environments and props to build with
Gunscape is out now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, with a Wii U version due to release later in the year, says Blowfish, who can’t wait to see what sorts of things players create:
“We can’t wait to see the innovative level designs players will create, and with cross-platform sharing, there will be an endless amount of content to keep gamers busy.”
So, who wants to take bets on how fast someone creates a complete remake of Rare’s GoldenEye 007? Come on, we all know it’s going to happen.