Halo 4 Tops UK All-Formats Chart
According to MCVUK, Halo 4 has topped the UK All-Formats chart, though you already knew that would happen, didn’t you?
Master Chief knocked Assassin’s Creed 3 off of its mantle to take first place but unfortunately, it couldn’t quite compare to its predecessors. While Halo 4 was the UK’s 18th biggest SKU launch by week one sales, Halo 3 was the UK’s 15th biggest and Halo: Reach remains as the UK’s 12th biggest.
Unfortunately, Microsoft’s glory may be short lived as Call of Duty: Black Ops II is launching this week and will likely dominate the charts for the next little while. I have no doubt that it will knock Halo 4 down to second place and once Far Cry 3 and Hitman: Absolution launch, the Chief may fall even further.
For now though, we’ll let Microsoft and 343 Industries enjoy their deserved success. Halo 4 is an excellent game and one that will be spinning in my XBOX 360 for months to come.
Check out the full UK All Formats Top 20 for the week ending November 10th, 2012 below:
1. Halo 4 (Microsoft)
2. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
3. FIFA 13 (EA)
4. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
5. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
6. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
7. WWE ’13 (THQ)
8. Borderlands 2
9. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
10. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)
11. Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
12. Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park (Activision/Mind Candy)
13. Resident Evil 6 (Capcom)
14. Dishonored (Bethesda)
15. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
16. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Nintendo)
17. F1 2012 (Codemasters)
18. New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
19. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
20. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes