Halo 5: Guardians has an exciting month ahead of it. On June 29, the Xbox One exclusive shooter will see its eighth piece of free add-on content released in the form of Warzone Firefight, which introduces not only a brand new game mode, but three new maps, a Score Attack mode for the single-player campaign, more Forge tools and “several” new REQ items.
But that’s not the only exciting news. To ensure that every single Xbox Live Gold member has a chance to try out Halo 5‘s newest content, Microsoft are making the FPS completely free to download and play from June 29 through to July 5, after which you’ll be able to purchase a permanent copy for half price.
See below for all the details on what’s headed your way next week.
- New Game Mode – Warzone Firefight: Warzone Firefight is, by far, the biggest content release since the launch of Halo 5: Guardians! As a result of the beta in April, 343 Industries has taken player feedback to improve the game mode for launch, such as increasing the difficulty each round and adding brand new bosses and vehicles – including the hilarious (and deadly) Grunt Goblin boss and the powerful UNSC VTOL, AV-49 Wasp, deployable as a REQ vehicle in all Warzone modes and available to use in Forge. Check out Polygon and IGN to get a sneak peek at both of these new additions to Halo 5: Guardians.
- New Maps – Attack on Sanctum, Prospect and Molten: The free Warzone Firefight release brings three new maps across multiple game modes: Attack on Sanctum, Prospect and Molten. In the Attack on Sanctum map for Warzone, revisit the Covenant homeworld of Sanghelios, or take it to the rocky roads of Prospect for Warzone Assault. For Arena players, Molten will be a hot new Arena map – be sure not to fall into the stream of lava!
- New Campaign Feature – Score Attack: As detailed on Halo Waypoint, the Warzone Firefight content release will include a new way to play Halo 5: Guardians’ campaign – Score Attack! Campaign scoring makes a return to Halo 5: Guardians, enabling players to compete against their friends for points and medals in online co-op play or solo. Remember – in Score Attack, the points do matter so be sure to defeat enemies with style and flourish!
- New Forge Canvas – Tidal: Since the release of a new super-charged Forge mode for Halo 5: Guardians in December, Forgers have been hard at work creating some of the most unique, creative and innovative maps ever seen in Halo. The Warzone Firefight release brings a fan-requested canvas, the ocean-themed Tidal. No longer will players have to struggle to find water to Forge on – it’s literally everywhere on Tidal!
- New REQs Items: Warzone Firefight adds several new REQ items, including the Cinder and Cyclops armor sets, Covenant vehicle and weapon variants, HCS Pro League weapon skins and additional customization sets.
In an effort to whet your appetite for the arrival of Warzone Firefight to Halo 5: Guardians on June 29, 343 Industries has released an infographic (below) showing off the new gear you’ll be able to earn when it goes live. Those vehicles skins look pretty suave, we have to say.