Having launched for the PC version back in December, Ubisoft has confirmed that the latest patch for Far Cry 4 is now available for PlayStation 4.
Weighing in at 657MB, the update places a heavy emphasis on the game’s co-operative section, fine-tuning the matchmaking systems as well as general stability, after some users had complained about connections timing out when trying to join a friend’s session for a bout of Himalayan mayhem. Aside from that, PS4 owners can expect to find small fixes to Far Cry 4‘s map editor as well as problematic spawning issues.
Here’s a comprehensive rundown of the fixes in question, as provided by Ubisoft:
- Integrated the Outpost Master in Co-op
- Fixed Client connectivity issue after failing specific quest few times in a row
- Fixed few inconsistent Host/Client replication issues
- IGE coop now implemented
- Fixed Gameplay functionality issues with the assets placement
- Fixed Gameplay functionality issues with the map browser
- Load and Save:Fixed checkpoint placement issue under specific circumstances
- Vehicle:Fixed few vehicle placement issues
- Matchmaking: Fixed matchmaking stability and general issues in PvP
- PVP: a) Fixed inconsistency XP in the loadout menu
- Gameplay: Fixed spawning issues under specific circumstances
Far Cry 4 launched back in November of last year to rave reviews, placing players in the shoes of one Ajay Ghale as he returns back to his native hometown in Kyrat only to discover that it is now being terrorized by a self-appointed dictator known as Pagan Min. Boasting the addicting open-world gameplay that the franchise is renown for, the fourth installment in Ubisoft’s shooter proved to be one of the best games of last year in spite of some technical hitches.
Tell us, have you encountered any problems with the PlayStation 4 version of Far Cry 4? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.